Need something else?

  • City Claim to file a claim for accidents involving other City vehicles, or to check the status of a submitted claim

You can file a claim if you have been in an accident with any Department of Sanitation (DSNY) vehicle (such as a garbage truck, snow plow, or other Sanitation vehicle). You can also file a claim if your property has been damaged by any DSNY vehicle.

You can call DSNY so they may investigate the incident and provide you with a claim form. You can also get the form on the NYC Comptroller's website.

You must submit the claim form to the NYC Comptroller's Office within 90 days of the incident.


Get instructions and forms for filing a claim against the City.

By Phone

Call 311 for assistance.

Liquid error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.