Call 911
Call 911 to report a vehicle accident that is in progress or recent enough that at least one vehicle is still on the scene.

Reports of vehicle accidents are handled differently depending on whether they are in progress or far enough in the past that no vehicles are still at the scene of the accident.

To report an accident that occurred in the past, contact the police precinct where the accident happened.

To locate a precinct, go to the Police Precincts and PSAs page.