Call 911 if a child is in immediate physical danger.
You can report suspected child abuse, neglect, or maltreatment of children under the age of 18 and living in New York State or those in the care and custody of the Administration for Children's Services (ACS).
The New York State Central Register will direct your report to the appropriate local child protective agency for investigation. For families in New York City, ACS will be the agency looking into the case.
- Agency: New York State Office of Children and Family Services
- Division: Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment
- Phone Number: (800) 342-3720
- Business Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Staff is available through the automated phone system at all times. Automated assistance is also available in Spanish.