You can request a refund for a parking meter that may have a payment problem.
If you paid by credit or debit card, review your payment history to confirm that your card was charged for the transaction in question. Often, financial institutions post charges after the date of the actual transaction.
Request the refund in writing and include:
- The date and time of the incident
- The parking meter number
- The location of the parking meter
- A description of the problem
- A copy of parking meter receipt, if available
- Documentation showing overpayment, such as a copy of the credit card statement, if applicable
Send your request and supporting documents to:
DOT Parking Administration
34-02 Queens Boulevard
Long Island City, NY 11101
What Happens Next
The Department of Transportation will investigate your claim and send you a letter of determination.