If you have qualified on the Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) electrician examination, you are eligible to apply for a Department of Buildings (DOB) master or special electrician license. Forms are available online.


Learn how to become a master or special electrician.

By Phone

Call 311 for assistance.

In Person

Department of Buildings
Licensing and Exams Unit
280 Broadway 1st Floor
New York, NY 10007