If you are a college student attending a two-year community college outside the five boroughs, you may be required to provide a proof of residency under the State Education law.

You must apply to the Office of the City Comptroller by submitting a notarized affidavit and two proofs of identification. Acceptable forms of identification include a voter registration card and copies of both the State and City tax returns.


Apply for a Certificate of Residence.

By Phone

Call 311 for assistance.