You can get naturalization records for various ports for the years 1800 to 1959 from the National Archives and Records Administration. Naturalization records document citizenship.

You can also get Immigration records, which document foreign birthplaces and provide evidence of arrival in the United States.


Get naturalization records.

Get immigration records.

By Phone

  • Agency: National Archives and Records Administration
  • Phone Number: (866) 272-6272
  • Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM