You can file a complaint about residential rental agencies in the City that do not post the "Notice about Tenant Screening Reports" sign required by law.
The sign must include:
- If the agency uses tenant screening reports to make rental decisions
- Which tenant screening reporting company the agency uses
- The agency's duty to tell you if they do not lease or rent to you based on your tenant screening report
- Your right to dispute the information on your tenant screening report directly with the tenant screening reporting company
- How you can get a free copy of your tenant screening report and your credit report
What Happens Next
If you provide an email address with your Service Request, you will receive a notification by email. You may also be emailed a complaint form, which you must complete and return. Be sure to check your spam folder in addition to your inbox.