If you owe $350 or more in parking or camera violation judgment debt, you may be eligible to set up a payment plan so you can make a series of smaller payments over time instead of paying the full amount all at once.

If you stay current with the plan’s payments, your vehicles won’t be subject to towing, booting, and other enforcement actions unless you have other violations that reach judgment status.

To be eligible for a payment plan, you must:

  • Owe $350 or more in parking ticket, bus lane, red light, or speed camera violation judgment debt
  • Have a valid driver's license
  • Have had vehicle insurance in place for longer than 30 days
  • Have more than 40 days left until your vehicle's registration expires

Plan Duration

If you are approved for a payment plan, the plan will last only as long as the current registration on the vehicle.

Down Payments

You have to pay some of your debt up front.

  • If your vehicle hasn't been booted or towed, you must pay at least one-third of what you owe up front.
  • If your vehicle has been booted or towed, you must pay half of what you owe and all of the booting and towing fees, and redeem your vehicle within 48 hours.

To apply, bring a completed Parking and Camera Violations Payment Plan Request Form and the required documents to a DOF Business Center. You don't need an appointment; interviews are held on a first-come, first-serve basis. You can't apply by phone.

The DOF Collection Unit's staff will review your request and documents to determine if you're eligible for a payment plan. If you're eligible, they will discuss payment terms with you and give instructions on how the plan works and how much and how often you must pay.

To request a parking ticket or camera violation agreement, you need to complete a Parking Ticket or Camera Violation Payment Plan Request Form. If you owe more than $10,000, you must also complete a Credit Application.


Download the Parking Ticket or Camera Violation Payment Plan Request Form.

Download the Credit Application.

In Person

Visit a DOF Business Center to pick up a form.

By Mail

Call 311 to request a paper copy.

You must bring the following to your interview:

  • A completed Parking or Camera Violation Payment Plan Request Form.
  • A completed Credit Application, if you owe more than $10,000
  • A valid driver's license.
  • Vehicle insurance in place more than 30 days.
  • Vehicle registration with more than 40 days remaining (If approved, the plan would last only as long as the current registration).
  • Proof of income, such as recent pay stubs and income tax forms, or unemployment and public assistance award letters. The request form lists additional documents that can be used for proof of income.
  • Financial statements, such as recent bank statements, bank book, and credit or debit card statements.

If your vehicle has been towed and you need a payment plan, visit a DOF Business Center.

If your vehicle hasn't been towed and you need help setting up a payment plan or making a payment on your plan, you can get help at a DOF Business Center or contact DOF online, by mail, or by phone.


Contact DOF.

By Phone

Call 311 for assistance.

By Mail

Write to:

NYC Department of Finance
Correspondence Unit
One Centre Street, 22nd Floor
New York, NY 10007

In Person

Visit a DOF Business Center.