Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert

If you are facing financial hardship due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, you can request that debt collection agencies stop contacting you about your existing debt.

Complete and mail the Cease Debt Collection Communication Letter to the debt collection agency that contacted you.

You can file a complaint about a business that collects debts owed to another person or agency, including non-governmental child support collections.

To file a complaint, you must live in New York City. The business can be located outside of the City.

What Happens Next

If you provide an email address with your Service Request, you will receive a notification by email. You may also be emailed a complaint form, which you must complete and return. Be sure to check your spam folder in addition to your inbox.

If you do not know the Business Name, Address, or Additional Location Details, you can get assistance by phone.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert

Phone assistance is currently unavailable. Email for assistance.