Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert

The Health Department is currently reviewing all complaints and responding primarily to those that pose an imminent threat to public health or safety.

Non-emergency complaints will be logged and responded to when regular operations resume.

Need something else?

You can report unsanitary conditions, improper maintenance, or missing or broken safety equipment at a public or private beach. You can also report a private beach that has no permit.

Public Beach

You can report a problem with the maintenance or cleanliness of public beaches or their facilities to the Department of Parks and Recreation.

Private Beach

You can report private beaches that are not properly maintained or do not have a permit to the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.

You can report swimming-related illnesses and unsanitary beach water to the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. Unsanitary water conditions may include contamination, sewage, or oil spills.

You can report missing or broken safety equipment or signs at public or private beaches to the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.

Reports accepted include:

  • Missing or broken lifesaving equipment such as a rescue tubes, backboards, or first aid kits
  • Missing signs about occupancy limits and when swimming is allowed

Liquid error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.