You can report a stray trash bag or loose debris in the driving or biking lane of a City street. 

You can report:

  • Heavy gravel
  • Glass
  • A large amount of dirt
  • Debris from a car accident

You can also make a complaint about trash or debris on a non-landscaped traffic island or median. Non-landscaped traffic medians don't have benches or planted trees, shrubs, or flowers. To report landscaped medians, visit the Park Maintenance Complaint page.

    What Happens Next

    The Department of Sanitation will respond within 5 business days.

    Call 311 to report the problem.