Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert

The Department of Correction (DOC) is committed to protecting the health and safety of those living and working in their facilities.

Learn about DOC's action plan and response to the coronavirus.

Need something else?

You can make a complaint about New York City jails to the Department of Correction (DOC) regarding:

  • General jail conditions
  • Physical danger or threats to inmates

What You Need

To report an issue that impacts an individual inmate, you must provide the facility name as well as the inmate's name and Book and Case number. You cannot make an anonymous report about an issue affecting an individual inmate.

Anonymous reports are only accepted for general jail complaints. You must still provide the facility name in your report.

File a Jail System Complaint


Email the Department of Correction.

By Phone

Call 311 for assistance.

What Happens Next

The Department of Correction will provide status updates directly to you, usually within 14 days. No further information will be available through NYC311.

Rikers Island Facilities

  • Anna M. Kross Center (AMKC)
  • Eric M. Taylor Center (EMTC), formerly known as CIFM
  • George Motchan Detention Center (GMDC)
  • George R. Vierno Center (GRVC)
  • James A. Thomas Center (JATC)
  • North Infirmary Command (NIC)
  • Otis Bantum Correctional Center (OBCC)
  • Robert N. Davoren Complex (RNDC)
  • Rose M. Singer Center (RMSC)
  • West Facility (WF)

All Other DOC Facilities

  • Bellevue Hospital Prison Ward (BHPW)
  • Brooklyn Detention Complex (BKDC) - "Atlantic Avenue"
  • Elmhurst Hospital Prison Ward (EHPW)
  • Manhattan Detention Complex (MDC) - "The Tombs"
  • Queens Detention Complex (QDC)
  • Vernon C. Bain Center (VCBC) - "The Boat"

New York State Jail System Complaints

You can make a complaint about prisons and correctional facilities run by New York State by submitting a New York State Jail Complaint online to the NY State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision.

Federal Jail System Complaints

You can make a complaint about prisons and correctional facilities run by the Federal government by contacting the jail facility directly or by submitting a Federal Jail Complaint on the Federal Bureau of Prisons website.

Federal Jail Facilities in New York:

MDC Brooklyn (Park Slope)
80 29th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11232
Email: BRO/
Phone: (718) 840-4200

MCC New York (Manhattan)
150 Park Row
New York, NY 10007
Email: NYM/
Phone: (646) 836-6300

RRM New York (Park Slope)
100 29th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11232
Email: CNK/
Phone: (718) 840-4219

FCI Otisville
Two Mile Drive
Otisville, NY 10963
Email: OTV/
Phone: (845) 386-6700

FCI Ray Brook
128 Ray Brook Road
Ray Brook, NY 12977
Email: RBK/
Phone: (518) 897-4000