You can learn how to recycle clothing, linens, shoes and accessories through the Department of Sanitation's Re-fashioNYC program.
These types of organizations are eligible to participate in the Re-fashioNYC program:
- Apartment buildings with over 10 units
- Office buildings
- Commercial businesses (such as fashion industry, storage facilities, gyms, laundromats, and hotels)
- Schools and institutions
Learn more about re-fashioNYC.
Enroll your building in refashioNYC.
The Re-fashioNYC donation bin is offered in two sizes:
- Small (2 feet deep x 4 feet wide x 6 feet high)
- Large (3 1/2 feet deep x 4 feet wide x 6 feet high)
Re-FashioNYC Bin Assistance
You can contact the Department of Sanitation for assistance with Re-FashioNYC bins.
- Request pickup for a full bin (guaranteed within five business days)
- Get tax receipts
- Have a Re-fashioNYC bin removed from your building
- Opt out of the clothing recycling service
Contact Sanitation by email at refashionNYC@dsny.nyc.gov.
You can get a brochure from Sanitation that explains how to recycle clothing, linens, shoes and accessories.
To get a copy, click on the below link and click the "Reuse and Donate" button.
To have the brochure mailed to an address outside the five boroughs, you must order it online yourself. It cannot be ordered over the phone for you.
Get the Re-FashionNYC Brochure.