You can get information and assistance with your annual, semi-annual, and quarterly water and sewer bills.  

You can:

  • Change the name on your water bill
  • Arrange for a final meter reading
  • Get assistance if you have received a Water Shutoff Notice letter
  • Get information about financial assistance programs

You also can:

Annual Water Bill Deadline

The annual bill for water and sewer charges for the period July 1, 2018, to June 30, 2019, and unpaid charges from previous bills must be paid by July 31, 2019.


Learn more about water and sewer bills.

By Email

Send a message to

By Phone

Call 311 for assistance.

Two- and three-family owner-occupied properties that are facing foreclosure and are in the lien sale may be eligible to have their open water and sewer charges on the property temporarily set aside until the property is sold or refinanced.

If you are experiencing difficulty paying your mortgage and other carrying costs, such as water and sewer charges, DEP has launched the Water Debt Assistance Program in conjunction with the New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development’s Mortgage Assistance Program. Qualified customers are offered immediate, temporary relief from water and sewer debt.

To learn more about the Water Debt Assistance Program, use the Water and Sewer Lien Sale page.

The MY DEP ACCOUNT section of the DEP Website can provide current usage and billing information. The property owner can view their current account balance and calculate their consumption and charges.

Register or login to My DEP Account.

The water and sewer account must remain in the name of the property owner. The owner can request their water and sewer bill to be sent to an alternate person, or for a copy of the bill to be sent to another interested party such as the tenant.

Contact information for the owner, such as the mailing address, telephone number, and email address, can be updated by completing the Customer Registration Form and mailing it to the City's Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) at:

NYC Department of Environmental Protection
Attn:  Registration Unit
59-17 Junction Boulevard, 7th Floor
Flushing, NY 11373

The Customer Registration Form is available:


Download form to register a new water and sewer account or to update owner contact information.

By Phone

Call 311 to request a paper copy.

You can request a Property Transfer Meter Reading (also known as a Title Read or Final Read) prior to the sale of your property. The current property owner should request the title read be done at least 30 days in advance of the closing.

There is a $25 charge for this reading. An inspection will be scheduled if needed.

This does not shut off water and sewer service to the property.

When you sell or transfer a property, remember to take care of the following items for your water bill/account:

  • Request a title water meter reading from DEP prior to closing
  • Stop automated bill payments option on-line if enrolled
  • Cancel Service Line Protection Program if enrolled
  • Un-enroll from MY DEP on-line account access

DEP does not shut off water or sewer services for property sales.

Call 311 for assistance.