FHEPS eligibility for families includes these requirements, among others.
Families that qualify for FHEPS must include:
- A child under 18 years of age,
- A child 18 years of age who is enrolled full time in high school, or a vocational or technical training program, OR
- A pregnant woman
Families qualifying for FHEPS must also:
- Live in or be eligible to live in an HRA shelter
- Live in a DHS shelter after being evicted from their home sometime in the year before they entered shelter
- Have lost their housing because of a domestic violence situation
- Have lost their housing because of health or safety issues, OR
- Be facing eviction or have been evicted in NYC within the past 12 months.
Families must have an active Cash Assistance case or qualify for Cash Assistance once they leave a homeless shelter.