Find out about New York City’s home care services for:

  • Medicaid-eligible adults
  • Seniors
  • Households with children
  • Individuals with AIDS and HIV

The Home Care Services Program (HCSP) offers home care services to Medicaid-eligible individuals through the CASA program.

The program is for people who are not eligible for or enrolled in a Medicaid Managed Care Plan or Managed Long Term Care Plan.

Program staff will:

  • Determine your eligibility for long term care Medicaid coverage
  • Evaluate your medical needs
  • Determine the appropriate care
  • Develop a service plan if you are medically eligible

Based on your medical need, services may include:

  • Housekeeping
  • Home attendants

HCSP also provides Medicaid eligibility and information about Assisted Living Program (ALP) services that are administered by New York State.

Determining Eligibility

New York City provides home care assistance to people who are Medicaid-eligible, and who are not required to enroll in a Managed Care or Managed Long Term Care plan.

Medicaid Specialists will determine your eligibility for Medicaid. Professional staff will review your medical needs and determine the appropriate care, including development of a service plan. A case manager will be assigned to assist you with the entire process.


Learn more about the Home Care Services Program.

By Phone

Call 311 for assistance.

Families who need home care services for a child, or an adult who lives with a child may be eligible for assistance. For any household that includes a child under the age of 18, an Administration for Children's Services (ACS) assessment is the first step to receiving Medicaid-funded home care services as well as information on the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program (CDPAP). Depending on the needs of your family, additional services may also be offered.


Get information for home care services for households with children.

By Phone

Call 311 for assistance.

Seniors age 60 and older who are in need of personal care or housekeeping services, but are not eligible for Medicaid home care services, may be eligible for assistance. 

A local case management agency will assess your situation and determine if you qualify for home care services funded by the Department for the Aging.

Assistance is also available if you are a senior who is already receiving home care and you have questions about your service.

Learn more about home care services.

Use Site Finder to search for a Senior CBO. Senior Community-Based Organizations (CBOs) help seniors with questions about home care.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert

HIV/AIDS Services Administration (HASA) offices are offering limited services. Some locations are closed until further notice.

The offices that remain open can:

  • Help with emergency housing placement
  • Accept documents you need to drop-off for your case

The easiest way to address your benefit eligibility needs is to use ACCESS HRA or the ACCESS HRA Mobile App.

If you need help with other services or information about office closures, please call the HASA Helpline at (212) 971-0626.

New York City provides home care services for people living with AIDS or HIV, who are having difficulty with one or more activities of daily life, such as:

  • Walking
  • Preparing food
  • Cleaning
  • Bathing
  • Using the bathroom

Services include:

  • Cooking
  • Housekeeping
  • Shopping
  • Assistance with moving around
  • Personal hygiene
  • Toileting

Depending on need, you may also receive visiting nurse or other health care services in the home.


Get information about home care services for individuals with AIDS and HIV.

By Phone

Call 311 for assistance.