The Department of Health and Mental Hygiene provides contract oversight to non-profit organizations that are providing permanent supportive housing to chronically homeless individuals with serious mental illness, or with substance or alcohol use issues.

You can reach a program specialist at the Office of Housing Services that can help you with:

  • Applying for supportive housing
  • Filing a complaint about a supportive housing program located in New York City
  • Information about types of supportive housing available
  • Answers to questions from family members or community members who want to help a person obtain supportive housing


Learn more about supportive housing.

By Phone

Call 311 for assistance by phone.