Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert

If your event requires any of the following, your permit application will be denied:

  • A location that NYC Parks determines would prevent members of the public from the reasonable simultaneous use of all or part of the park for recreational purposes
  • Expected attendance of more than 500 people at any one time

Any events that are deemed eligible will also be required to submit a signed copy of the Safety Plan Affirmation, confirming they will institute the included measures to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 at the event site.

This does not apply to demonstrations or religious events, however, such events must comply with social distancing and safety requirements.

Sport Field Permits

NYC Parks will be granting sport field permits to youth leagues, beginning September 15, for the following, lower and moderate-risk sports:

  • Football
  • Baseball
  • Soccer
  • Softball
  • Non-Contact Lacrosse

The following rules must be enforced:

  • Face coverings must be worn by all coaches, staff, spectators, and players on the sidelines: players are also encouraged to wear while playing if possible
  • Social distancing must always be practiced by all when not active in gameplay
  • Spectators must be limited to two per player
  • All must leave the field after the game, there must be no congregating


NYC's tennis season is delayed until further notice. Tennis permit sales have been suspended for the 2020 season. If you have already purchased a tennis permit, it will be valid through 2021.

Need something else?

A permit is required to play on a baseball, softball, soccer, or other athletic field or court in a park.

If you would like to reserve a field or court in advance for a specific time, you should make a request to ensure your uninterrupted use of the field. Otherwise, fields and courts are available to the public for informal use.

To reserve an NYC Parks athletic field or court, organized leagues or individuals must request a permit. You can apply online or request a paper application.


Apply for a field and court permit.

By Mail

Call 311 to request a paper copy.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No