Need something else?

You can learn about options for proving your COVID vaccination status. Businesses can learn how to validate the vaccination status of employees and customers.

You can also:

  • Get a replacement vaccination record
  • Correct or verify a vaccination record

New York State’s Excelsior Pass provides secure, digital proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results. The Pass is only accepted in New York State.

Businesses and entertainment venues can scan and validate the pass to ensure you meet any COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements for entry. When using the pass, you’ll be asked to show a photo ID that shows your name and birth date to verify identity.

The Excelsior Pass can digitally store information on your smartphone with the Excelsior Pass Wallet app, available for free from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. You can also print your Pass from the Excelsior Pass website and bring it with you. 

There are three types of passes:

  • The COVID-19 Vaccination Pass is currently valid for 365 days after the final dose of the vaccine was administered. 
  • The COVID-19 PCR Test Pass is valid until midnight on the third day after your test. After your COVID-19 PCR Test Pass expires, a new test is required to retrieve a new Pass.
  • The COVID-19 Antigen Test Pass is valid for 6 hours after your test. After your COVID-19 Antigen Test Pass expires, a new test is required to retrieve a new Pass.

Participation in Excelsior Pass is voluntary. You can always show alternate proof of vaccination or testing, like another mobile application or paper form, directly at a business or venue.

Once you enter an establishment, you must continue to follow social distancing, face covering and hand hygiene guidelines.

Learn more about the Excelsior Pass.

Get answers to frequently asked questions about the Pass.

Download the Excelsior Pass Wallet app for:

Excelsior Pass Plus

Excelsior Pass Plus is a secure, digital copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record. Your Pass Plus provides safe access to your vaccination information, and includes vaccine type, site, and date of your vaccination, just like your CDC Vaccination Card. The inclusion of this health information enables you to have a verifiable record of your COVID-19 vaccination history for record-keeping and/or usage outside of New York State.

Your Pass Plus may be accepted by participating organizations in New York State seeking proof of vaccination, and/or entities outside of New York State.

Your Pass Plus is a digital copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record and has no expiration date.

Learn more about Excelsior Pass Plus.

Assistance and Feedback

If you were vaccinated at a New York City-run site and require a change to a vaccination record, you must email

You can also get assistance and provide feedback for the Excelsior Pass support team.

The support team:

  • Can submit a ‘record review’ for you and submit a technical support ticket.
  • Only provides technical help and does not have access to any personal health records.
  • Will not be able to provide specific details about personal eligibility for a Pass.


Get assistance or provide feedback for Excelsior Pass.

By Phone

Call 311 for assistance.

Many New York City employers, businesses, and venues require verification of immunization or weekly proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test for their employees and customers.

You can use the NYC COVID Safe App to store and present the necessary documentation to verify that you have met these requirements. The documentation you upload into this app is not shared with anyone and stays on your phone only.

The NYC Covid Safe App is particularly useful for people vaccinated outside of New York State, as they are currently ineligible to receive an Excelsior Pass.

Download the NYC COVID Safe App on:

If you received a COVID-19 vaccine shot in New York City but your record cannot be found, needs correction, or needs to be replaced, you should try the following steps:

  1. First, use the “My Vaccine Record” search tool to address the problem.
  2. Second, if you still need assistance, you can email the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene at Staff will respond as quickly as possible.
  3. Third, only if you still need assistance and already tried steps 1 and 2, 311 can transfer you to the Bureau of Immunization.


Access the "My Vaccine Record" search tool.

By Phone

Call 311 for assistance.